For the safety of our dancers and staff, we are incorporating extensive sanitation practices at The Dance Lab. The following protocol is in addition to our existing standard cleaning procedures. Additionally, we will be placing signage through the studio to remind everyone of best hygiene practices and social distancing guidelines.
Cleaning/Sanitizing of Studio PRIOR to and in BETWEEN Class:
While there have been no known or reported cases of COVID-19 at The Dance Lab facilities throughout this pandemic, we have done the following.
- Purchased and put in place 3 air purifiers – one in each studio as well as one in the lobby.
- We also have MERV 13 air filters in place.
- Purchased a sprayer to disinfect the studios between classes where the majority of students are not the same.
- We will be spot cleaning as needed, which includes, but is not limited to the entrances/doorways, any handheld props (which will be much more limited than in previous years) and restrooms.
- We have allotted 10 minutes of cleaning time in between the majority of classes and Dancers and guests will NOT be permitted into the rooms until the cleaning is complete.
These procedures and additions will address both airborne pathogens as well as those dwelling on surfaces.
Hand Sanitizer Upon Entry:
Upon entry to the lobby AND the studios, we will provide and require hand sanitizer on each dancer’s hands. Dancers are allowed to use their own hand sanitizer if they prefer.
Masks will be REQUIRED to enter the studio and will need to remain on during the entire time, no exceptions. Teachers and any TDL staff will also be wearing masks the entire time.
Food & Drink:
No food or drink will be permitted in The Dance Lab aside from a water bottle.
Our water fountain will NOT be available for use until further notice. Dancers should bring their own LABELED water bottle from home. NO food will be permitted.
Limited Items in the Studio:
We are asking all dancers to limit the items they bring with them into the studio. Appropriate dance shoes and a water bottle are really the only necessities while inside of the studio. Dancers should come to the studio already dressed to dance.
Before You Come to the Studio:
- You must take your child’s temperature before coming to the studio. If their temperature is 100.3 or higher, your child will not be able to participate and should be monitored for additional COVID symptoms (see below).
- We will also have a touchless thermometer to monitor temperatures if necessary.
- By coming to the studio, you are confirming you have not traveled to any of the states or territories that require quarantine within the last two weeks. (Those states can be found at this link https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-Nj5hJ-j6wIVCLLICh2xsQ1_EAAYASAAEgLm7_D_BwE)
- You are also confirming you/your dancer(s) has/have not been in contact with anyone who has COVID or is suspected of possibly having COVID within the last two weeks and they are not showing any signs or symptoms of COVID including, but not limited to, sore throat, cough, chills, body aches, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste.
Student Drop Off/Waiting Room Procedures:
- When you arrive to the studio you may wait outside (6 feet apart from anyone in front of you) or in your car.
- When it is time for the dancer’s class, the teacher/assistant will come notify those students and have them enter the building at that time. I realize the following procedures are not going to be ideal for some students and I feel terrible that this is what we have to do, but the health and safety of the dancers and the TDL staff are my main priority at this point in time, so I appreciate your understanding as we all adjust.
- Parents of Dancers should plan on dropping off your student(s) at the beginning of class and picking them up at the end of class without entering the building.
In the Studio:
- Once inside of the studio students will have at least 6 feet of distance between each student and another dancer. The floors have been marked with tape so they can clearly see their spot.
- All of our class sizes have been decreased to allow for the 6 feet of space per dancer, but in most cases, it is at least a bit more than 6 feet.
Please note, these procedures are always evolving and may change at any time, without notice. Please check the website for updates on a continual basis. Thank you!